Humorous dilemna ...

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:09:42 -0500

>I told him that I order direct from Mapes, etc., etc. He said "No thank
>you, I really insist on a genuine Steinway string".

Alan,

Treat him just like you would like to be treated in this situation. If you,
as the customer, like being kept in the dark, monetarily abused and fed BS,
then let him have it. Keep your mouth shut and pile on the mark-up. BIG
numbers, befitting the genuineness of the part. If, on the other hand, you
as the customer would appreciate knowing that the GENUINE STEINWAY string
you ignorantly insisted on was a Mapes product that could be gotten much
cheaper from the identical source that the GENUINE STEINWAY string comes
from, and that your tech thought enough of you as a fellow near-human to
attempt to both educate you a bit and save you a little money without
giving his own income away, then do that.

It's a tough call.

Ron N