no comp. was Re: Saying "No" (was Convention is focused)

Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:10:26 +0200

Thanks Bob and Wim for some nicely thought out stuff.

Bob the reasons you give are right on the money in my book.
Wim I agree that the exams section needs all the help it can
get. That's where I spent nearly all my time in Arlington,
taking my own and then helping out with others, even
volunteered to help an extra exam for our good friend Brian.
And I spent all my time in Reno in the exams room helping
and learning the CTE ropes. My experience there has taught
me much more then I could have imagined, and it seems to me
the least I can do to offer back my time for so much so many
have freely given to me through the years.

That, and writing an article for the Swedish publication,
teaching classes at the Nordic conventions, arranging a
voicing seminar with Antares here in Bergen, and promoting
increased exchange over the seas is all I have managed to do
so far in my 3 years PTG membership and 5 years in the
Norwegian. But I take every chance I get and I hope very
much to be able to do a class at the PTG convention one day.
And I agree big time with your first point below. Indeed all
of them to a tee.

There are plenty of opportunities for all in our field to
exploit their skills and knowledge for personal gain.
Probably a lot more and varied then most of us realize. I
just don't think that Conventions of the sort the PTG annual
and the regional are, or even regular local chapter meetings
are the place to do it.

BobDavis and Wim write