Steinway Player from 1926

MoodyPianoInc@AOL.COM MoodyPianoInc@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:54:53 EDT

Hi List,

I have a customer who has his piano in storage and it has been there for a
very long time ( 6-8 years) He is looking into his options for his piano
(maybe trying to sell it privately, maybe just wholesaling it, maybe trying
to have it reconditioned/rebuilt).  Any opinions on this specific type of
piano is greatly appreciated.

The piano is a Steinway 6' Grand from 1926 (Originally built with a Duo Art
player system, now removed).  The piano's case desparately needs refinishing
(crackled/allogatored).  It is a double leg design.  Other than the double
legs, the pianos design is quite straight.  Although the player system is
removed, the cabinet still looks a little different to have accomidated the
system originally.  I don't know how the individual cabinetry or the fact
that it was originally a player affects the value of this instrument.

Thanks in advance for any responses,

Lanie