Yamaha Hammer Shank

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:50:16 -0400

I need to replace a broken hammer shank from a 1979 G2. (I have not seen the piano.) Where is the best place to order one from? Does Yamaha use diffent sizes - or is there only one size for the G2 (maybe all grands are the same size?)?

The serial number for this piano is J2890701. What does the "J" stand for?

I see that the Yamaha web site no longer offers the opportunity to see if a piano is a grey market. I wonder why they did away with that. I kinda liked it. Or am I just blind and can't see it?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell