Yamaha Hammer Shank

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:50:03 -0700

Mark,
I really like that Yamaha has simplified their models and serial #s...C1, C2, C3 etc.  Could you please tell exactly what models are currently available, where they're made and/or direct me to the info.
David I.

From: Mark Wisner <MWisner@yamaha.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Yamaha Hammer Shank

You can check a Yamaha serial at  http://yamaha.com/pianoserials/index.htm.
To order a shank call 800 854 1569 (press 1 and then 2 at the  menu choices) and ordering part number T5290220.  FYI, we no longer sell round shanks, they are either hex or oval now.
The "J" that precedes the serial number indicates its generation within the G2 series.  (We started out with the G2A then went to G2B etc.)

Mark Wisner
Yamaha Corporation
mwisner@yamaha.com

>>> mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com 07/22/02 11:50AM >>>
I need to replace a broken hammer shank from a 1979 G2. (I have not seen the piano.) Where is the best place to order one from? Does Yamaha use diffent sizes - or is there only one size for the G2 (maybe all grands are the same size?)?

The serial number for this piano is J2890701. What does the "J" stand for?

I see that the Yamaha web site no longer offers the opportunity to see if a piano is a grey market. I wonder why they did away with that. I kinda liked it. Or am I just blind and can't see it?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell