Associates vs apprentice

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:06:40 -0500

The Guild needs associates.   They (associates) should not
be confused with apprentices.   The historic guilds
classified members as Master, Journeyman and Apprentice.  I
am not sure but I think some guilds allowed individuals of
associated trades to  pay dues and belong as "Associates"
and allowed certain privelages  while agreeing to support
guild policies and practices.  This is what I like about the
"associate" status of the Piano Tuner's Guild today.   For
those who aspire to become RPT let them be called
"Apprentice" and enjoy the previleges and benefits of that
classification to which Associates and RPT's contribute and
help make the transition possible.       ---ric