Hammers with no inner felt.

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:54:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/25/2002 10:44:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

           Del wrote
> With modern hammer making techniques--very moist felt, lots of steam and
> heat--cracking is less of a problem and thicker felt can more easily be
> used. Considerable resilience is lost in the process but this no longer
> seems to be a desirable characteristic for piano hammers.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anyone

              O.K. I'll bite Del. It's a mostly, largely  undesireable
charachteristic and detrimental to the kind of piano tone I want to be able
to develop. I'm guessin  you too. But hey were( I'm) in the minority.  I
won't go on with more of the same opinion I've expressed before.