Is there any interest? was Re: no comp.

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 07:44:38 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: July 25, 2002 9:39 PM
  Subject: Re: Is there any interest? was Re: no comp.=20

  In a message dated 7/25/02 5:59:17 PM !!!First Boot!!!, =
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:=20

  Del, I appreciate your wisdom and insight into these problems. Perhaps =
you are right, and soon the PTG will cease to exist. But I don't think =
so. I think we are doing the right thing. I don't think we are going to =
make everyone happy all the time. In any organization, there are going =
to be members that are not happy with the way things are going. Some =
drop out, some quit participating, and some try to do something about =
it. The rest just sort of go along with what ever the majority wants. =
Strong leadership will make changes. But the changes will only be =
successful if the membership want that change.=20

And God help us if we should decide to exhibit or support strong =
leadership, right?=20

Anyway, I've not said PTG would fade into extinction--it is and will =
continue to lose a certain vitality, however. Just as the piano industry =
itself is doing. We all can hide behind a growing layer of glitz, but =
the trend will continue.=20

No, there is no way to convince anyone who does not find the =
exploitation of others to be morally repugnant enough to stop the =
practice. It is too comfortable and cheap. Better than I have tried and =
failed.=20

I will leave you (and this discussion) with this:
"You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain...." Good =
advice several thousand years ago and still good advice today.

Regards,

Del