CA gluing Grand pinblocks

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:27:47 -0900 (PDT)

Hi to all:

As one who has successfully used CA glue on individual pins in
Grands with great success, I began to imagine the future problem
which will arise when one tries to remove the plate later if the
entire pinblock is so treated.

It occurred to me that a simple solution would be to remove the
action, turn the piano up on its Bass side and treat the bottom of
the pinblock with CA glue. This avoids the problem of the plate
sticking to the pinblock, but it solves the problem of getting the
CA glue directly to the tuning pins. If this helps anyone, you may
send the check directly to my email address. Actually cash is
preferred.

Jim Coleman, Sr.