NC set screw plate support

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 10:47:00 EDT

In a message dated 7/27/2002 5:21:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ANRPiano@AOL.COM writes:

> <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

>                  Andrew

    Jim Coleman Jr. has a plate support system that's similar that I've used.
It is a lag bolt with a allen screw top of differing lengths  threaded  into
a machined hole in the top. The length of allen screw will vary in length
depending on the thicknes of your plate bosses so it can be tightened down
with a cap screw.  Since Stwy plate to soundboard clearances are ,as you
know, minimal ,  I've had him turn the head of the lag bolt down so its
thickness is  no more than 3 mm thick.  Plenty strong to sit a plate on and
usually avoids having to drill forstner bit recesses  into the board for
clearance.
   Clearance problems are usually not a problem on Mason& Hamlins and others.
Last I checked he charged me 10 bucks a piece. Dirt cheap for what goes into
them.