CA Glue / Pin tightner

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 14:36:23 -0500

>Okay, okay ... but what about the CA sedative in uprights where block
>replacement is not an option (except maybe in John Lennon's Steinway).

That would be nursing it until final death, and that's where you have to
decide how you want to spend your piano service time. If you don't have
enough piano work to feed yourself, and have to do it part time, you take
whatever work you can get. If you have enough work to eat, but not a lot
more, you still do whatever work is available. If you have more work than
you can do, you raise your prices and decline what you consider to be the
less desirable stuff. If you have more work than ten people could possibly
do, you triple or quadruple your prices and turn down everything but the
high end of the spectrum to fill your days. Wouldn't that be nice? Then
again, if you need to have that upright to tune to keep the refrigerator
filled, you CA the sucker and press on. But I still don't normally consider
it to be a fix.

Ron N