Recommendations from experience, please/Alan R. Barnard

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 20:26:59 -0700

Alan,
My recommendation for a Chickering would be Ronsen, (w/the Euro Felt), it
would be very close to what was there originally.
Baldwin needs a harder hammer than Isaacs, IMHO.
As for the "Baby Grand", (Gawd I hate that term), I would suggest Abel, it's
a nice compromise. Not too hard, not too soft.
BTW "Pearls" are round, unless you are talking about River Pearls, (don't
even think it!). So what kind, exactly, are these Knuckles? Are you
referring to the knuckle that is built into the shank, by any chance? If so,
a good term would be "Kimball" style knuckles, as they used to use a lot of
those way back when Jack was middle aged. (hehehe)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

We must first understand where we've been before we can tell
where we're going. Squares are part of the equation.<G>