Recommendations from experience, please/Alan R. Barnard

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 01:13:52 -0500

Hi Joe and all:

Okay, instead of "baby grand" lets just call it a
"small-grand-with-really-short-and-heavy-lower-base-strings-with-more-inharm
onicity-than-a-lot-of-spinets-that-looks
nice-in-a-corner-and-DOES-HAVE-a-true-repetition-spring-and-gravity-assisted
-action-with-true-una-corda-and-real-sostenuto-that-I-happen-to-have-just-bo
ught-and-really-like."

(I'm refinishing it and doing lotsa work. Geo. Steck, 1921)

Yes it's the Kimball (Francis Bacon, et al) style molded-in-the-shank kinda
knuckle--I just echoed the "pearl drop" shape thing 'cause that's what good
'ol WimBlees called them in a note to me.

What is meaning of "IMHO"?

Thanks, as always, for tips and suggestions. The knuckles may not be pearls,
but you are a gem. (As Pogo would have said: "Oog")

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO