"Winstick - The Pianomakers Glue"?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:56:02 -0700

There are several versions of this stuff. The one I've had experience with
is in a "jelly" like state when cold. It smells heavily of Camphor. The fact
that it is in this "Jelly" state when cold, makes it suspect for good
gluing. You can heat it over and over and each time it returns to the
"jelly" state. Hmmmm? Secondly, I doubt if any "Piano Makers" ever really
used this stuff. The fact that it is a "....bone glue", puts it in the
category of substandard grade glue.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

We must first understand where we've been before we can tell
where we're going. Squares are part of the equation.<G>