CA Glue / Pin tightner

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:28:33 -0500

>Hi Keith,
>I think it is from the bridge being just a little stiffer. The glue does
>take up a volume of space in the bridge itself and most likely moves the
>termination point making the string just a tad shorter,  perhaps a
>.00000000000000001mm but I have found a slight rise after applying CA.
>Joe Goss

Hi Joe,
I'm thinking that the wood on the back side of the pin that is compressed
by the side bearing stagger absorbs CA and swells, increasing the stagger
slightly and adding tension by increasing the string path length by a
couple of thousandths of an inch. Or, since a flexible termination at a
given tension and speaking length  produces a lower pitch because the
flexibility makes the effective speaking length longer, firming up the pin
may just be putting the effective speaking length termination where the
physical one is - making the pitch a little higher.

Ron N