"Winstick - The Pianomakers Glue"?

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:38:43 +0200

I agree with Joe that it smell camphor.

We have a quality there that is sold for woodworking or veneer work.

Taking a long time to became hard this kind may well be useful for
case work, veneer gluing or repair.

It is sold here by a veneer retailer, and is considered of good use
for that.

It takes 1 week to really harden, but strangely it seems to be very
hard after awhile, more than expected for a "reusable product"

I don't see the difference between "hide glue" and bone glue ? can
someone explain ?

I have hot glue in pearls for strong hard bonds, nerve glue for more
elastic bonds, I can mix the 2 if I want a special use.

The hard glue is easier on the brush I've find.

As I said before all the precedent qualities I had have some mold
appearing after awhile, and did not smell very good (urea smell).
The ones I've find recently smell good while not strong, and seems to
keep their qualities very long, if kept in an open can.

Regards.

Isaac OLEG