Another heater bar without a control...

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:24:48 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Matt Wynne
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 2:54 PM
To Tom D and the "collective":

I have challenged the status quo.  It's a thing that happens in a
healthy
society and most people don't like it, but that's how changes are
brought
about.  For those who feel I've been heavy handed and have had their
feathers ruffled as a result, I apologize.

DC will, as you say, surely survive without my patronage. But they did,
however, solicit me with a very large envelope full of 4-color, glossy
brochures with pitching strategies for my customers and suggesting all
sorts of money I could make selling their products.  What was not
included,
to my surprise, was any literature providing detailed assurance to me as
the efficacy of their hardware.  We are a technically oriented group and

enjoy poring over the minutia of what the lay people might consider
mundane.  Since most of the personal experience I have with this
equipment
is dealing with botched installs from other techs, I am very interested
in
seeing what, if any, hard evidence has been gathered to justify selling
this stuff to my clients.

Matt

	Matt,
	You characterize your post as "challenging the status quo". I
see it as being blindly contrary in spite of the obvious facts and
testimony. Your contention that most of your experience is with botched
installs defies logic. How many I wonder? What percentage? Perhaps
you've been following the same tech repeating the same mistakes over and
over.
	So wave that obstinate flag high and be proud of your lofty
position above us mercenary sheep shilling for the "status Quo"
	I bet when they gave you paper with lines on it you wrote the
other way.
	Sincerely,
	Just a plain old piano tuner, Tom Driscoll