grand damper heads

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:35:00 -0700

List!  I made a boo boo!

I have a device copied from Joe Scortino to soak off the dampers from the heads.  It  was made by cutting a piece of two inch pvc tubing  in half lengthwise.  Then it is assembled in a lazy   "W" so that the wires hang down the middle and water is added to touch the felt.

It's worked fine except yesterday I forgot and left it overnight.  The felt sure soaked off, but some of the finish in now coming off.

My question:  Since I will have to strip the tops of these heads and refinish, could I just spray the whole head (sides and all) black?  Would that look tacky?  It would be difficult to mask the sides or at least take extra work.

What do you think?

Thanks

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California