CA glue

Annie Grieshop grieshop@n-connect.net
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:24:10 -0500

Thanks for the welcome, Joe.  I've had good luck with CA on tuning pins -
and it's always been my understanding that the glue serves primarily to add
mass to the pins -- but I haven't been at this long enough to be able to
speak to the long-term usefulness.  And it might not be generally helpful,
but at least some CA glue (e.g., HotStuff) gets brittle when frozen and can
be easily broken.  (Hard to get that pinblock in the Frigidaire, I
realize....)

BUT, does anybody know the answer to my ivorine key top question?  I need to
remove the tops and don't have the right machines for cutting/sanding at
that level, so solvents are my next best solution (I think).  If there's a
third alternative, please tell me about it.  I have frozen sharp keys before
in order to break off the tops for use elsewhere (it's hot here in Ioway,
and I seem to be fixated on refrigeration -- sorry), but I don't think I
want to try that with keytops.  Thanks, ever so much, even in advance.

Annie