grand damper heads

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:04:34 +0200

Carl Meyer wrote:

> > > List!  I made a boo boo!
> >
> > Shame on you Carl :)
>
> I'm glad you're immune. (G)

ME ??? hehe.. I try and make a point of making at least 3
whoppers, and 2 bonified bleepers along with an assortment
of diverse boo boo like blunders each week. Seems to provide
a certain amount of entertainment value to some of my fellow
humans :)

> > > It's worked fine except yesterday I forgot and left it overnight.  The felt sure soaked off, but some of the finish in now coming off.
> >
> > Woah.... what did you use to soak off the felt ??
>
> Warm water-no booze!!

Thats nice to know.... this was one of those trays that keep
the water warm I take it ?? And that can also wreck the
finish if you leave it too long eh ?

> It was the appearance I was concerned with.  Blocking them together wont work since the black lacquer will get between them thru capillary action.

Hmmm I have sprayed a quite a few sets this way with no
problem. I use black cellulose lacquer and spray very thin
coats that dry quite quickly. Never had any of the lacquer
seep down the sides. Easy to polish up the whole set to, or
simply fin steel wool brush for a satin look.

Cheers

RicB