CA gluing Grand Pinblocks......

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:39:03 -0700

Joe Goss,
Your statement: "would not most of the shear factor be removed by treating
the bridge pins at tension?"
Joe,
If the bridge is cracked enough to need repair, then the string alignment is
off. Therefore, one needs to re-align the pins in the proper position. This
will require removing the strings and at least, using a large nail set,
repositioning the pins.
In my opinion, if you have to go that far, then why not just take the dang
bridge off and put a new cap on it. Time needed: 1.5 to 2.5 hours of labor
making the bridge, plus the removal/install time. Unless the piano is way
out in the pucker brush, this should not be a big deal and there would be no
need for, (in my opinion), "mickey mouse" repairs, using CA.
 An alternative repair would be with Epoxy, which I can document with 30
years of use, as being a solid, craftsmanlike repair that lasts!
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

I'm never lost, because everyone is telling me where to go. <G>