Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:53:03 -0400

Jack
This instrument is in Rosewood and is approx. 6 1/2Ft tall with beautiful
carvings and detail woodwork throughout. The disk size is 21", and whether
it's a single, double comb, I wouldn't have the foggiest idea.  I'm now 1200
miles from the instrument and my cousins, who own the instrument, probably
won't  be much help.  Likewise, I couldn't comment on if any teeth are
broken or not.
I'm trying to help them out with some credible information and not just
hearsay, which unfortunately gets out of hand. They had figures in the range
of $20,000 mentioned to them. Of course my reaction was  "then why didn't
you sell it at that price?"
They are going to get the  serial number and hopefully some digital
pictures. I will make that information available to those who might be
interested in securing such an instrument.  I couldn't get over the overall
quality of sound this instrument produced. Very impressive.
Tom Servinsky, RPT

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
  Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 11:04 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re:

  Hello Tom:

     The value of the Regina will depend upon
  the size of disk ,  15 in.  17,  21 ect.  Also if
  it is a single or a double comb.  The double
  comb is worth two or three times what a single
  is.
     If there are any teeth broken on the comb
  or combs this greatly reduces the value.
  These teeth can be replaced but it is expensive.

    Most of these were table top 17 in. single comb.
  In good condition  and the main  drive spring is
  good and no teeth broken  the value in  the Dallas
  area is about  $3500 to $4400 in oak. much more
  if in Rosewood.
      If the disk  are useable they should be worth
  about $35.00 each.  The Regina,s have a ser. #
  and the age can be verfied.

  Hope this helps,
  Jack Wyatt