Gluing Ivory with CA Glue

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:46:52 -0700

Susan et al,
I have a grand action in the shop that has had numerous Ivory heads,
re-installed with CA glue. Of course they were not done neatly, so the heads
need to be re-done. No the CA did not fail, (well a couple did), but getting
the heads off was a chore, big time. And, getting the darned stuff off of
the key stick surface was a MAJOR problem!
It is my personal wish, that we all would simply put the heads back on
neatly and with the appropriate glue. CA is not the appropriate glue, IMHO!
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

I'm never lost, because everyone is telling me where to go. <G>