Piano Refinishing

LarryinAtlanta@AOL.COM LarryinAtlanta@AOL.COM
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:58:00 EDT

In a message dated 6/3/2002 3:27:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jgrassi@silverlink.net writes:

> Brian,
> Let's hope the pot is being stirred this very moment.  I, too, have
> wished for more articles on this topic and have tried to encourage
> knowledgeable people, whenever possible, But, alas, not everyone who has
> the knowledge, cares to or is able to dedicate the time to prepare a
> Journal article.  Do I hear those pots stirring?

(Sorry for the double post) I've got a hair-trigger mouse.....

Maybe if you were to break the process down into the main stages of
refinishing, and discussed only that stage until it was pretty well discussed
out, say for a week, then the next week move to the next stage, and so on. At
the end, there would be quite a pile of information that someone could refer
to. For instance, start with the disassembly (that shouldn't take a week)
then move to stripping, and discuss all the aspects of stripping before you
move on to repairing the case, etc.

In a week's worth of discussion, there is bound to be a wealth of information
on stripping a piano,  and even some who have been doing it for a long long
time might learn a few new tricks.

Just a thought.

Larry Fletcher
Atlanta Chapter 301