Key Lead Placement

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 23:17:29 +0200

Since nobody bit on this one I'll chip in with my 47 cents worth.

I like to place my leads out as far as posible.Tho I have been back and forth
on this a few times in my life. And I like to use a healthy amount of lead. I
am not convinced of this low mass approach and dont particularly like the feel
of such actions as I have run into that were set up such.

In short.. I like mass levels ranging from around 35-40 graduating down to 2-4,
and I like to use as little lead as possible to get there.

RicB

 Farrell wrote:

>I have read material that suggest placing key lead close to the center
>rail, and other material that suggest to use a minumum of lead and place
>it out near the front of the key. For a given balance weight, what
>guidelines do listy folks use for lead placement?
>
>Perhaps just do the 3-2-1-0 arrangement and let them fall where they will
>placement-wise to get the job done? Any rules like "no closer than X mm
>from key end.....?
>
>Terry Farrell

Richard Brekne
RPT NPTF