Piano Refinishing

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:40:59 EDT

In a message dated 6/3/02 11:18:38 AM Central Daylight Time, Kdivad@AOL.COM
writes:

> It's a part of our trade.  It would sure be nice
> >to see it receive some attention.
> >
> >>Brian T.

For some reason, I must have missed the beginning of this thread, but I must
disagree with the above statement.

Refinishing is NOT part of our trade. There are piano technicians who are
able to refinish, but I don't consider refinishing to be part of piano
technology. Refinishing is a totally different occupation. I learned how to
refinish, and soon learned that I wasn't any good at it. I know what to do,
and know what is required to be a professional refinsiher, but I don't
consider myself a refinisher. And by the same token, there are refinishers
who know absolutely nothing about piano technology, but can still refinish a
piano.

If a piano technician wants to know more about refinishing, then he/she
should subscribe to a refinishing chat page and refinishing trade magazines.
But I do not think articles refinishing should be included in the Journal.

Just my 2.5 cents worth.

Wim