etd tunings

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:08:26 +0200

 Leslie W Bartlett wrote:

>I local and I were chatting about pitch raising with an ETD. He has
>Cybertuner and I have TunelabPro.  He says he can go through once in
>pitch raise mode, then fine tune, and a 100-cent pitch raise is good for
>a year.  That seems a bit of a "stretch".    Opinions please. Thanks
>les bartlett

It is not in my experience that any 100 cent pitch raise is stable no matter
how many hours you spend on it and irregardless of whether an ETD is used or
not. I know others report stable tunings, but I find very consistantly that if
I am doing such large pitch raises the piano is much more stable over the long
term if I raise pitch and rough tune for play on one day, and come back a week
or so later to do a fine tuning. I find very often that the piano has moved
significantly in that time. And I find that the amount of movement varies
greatly from piano to piano. This tells me that the stability of the instrument
when pitch is so severly changed is basically unpredictable... so I like to
simply come back a week later and make sure it sits good...

Auto toaster pop out switch armed and ready...:)

RicB

Richard Brekne
RPT NPTF
Griegakadamiet UiB