trichords unisons

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 10:58:39 -0400

At 08:10 AM 6/5/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Richard
>Brain fog this morning is giving me trouble understanding the
>difference/similarity of cents and bps (beats per second).
>You stated the difference between 440 and 439 (1Hz) is almost 4 cents. This
>interval beats at about one bps.  Where did I get the idea that the 1 Hz
>difference between 440 & 439 was nearly 4 bps.  Being an aural tuner I can
>relate to beat rates easier than cents deviations.  The math/science of
>tuning is not my strong suit.  Do you know of a book that would explain
>this?  My curiousity is getting to me.  Thanks for your continued input to
>the list.  Many are grateful for your skills and insights.
>
>Paul Chick

Stephen Birkett sent a list of individual frequencies to the list in February.

I entered the figures into a spreadsheet and calculated the cps/cent and
the cents/bps for each half step.

You'll notice that near the top of the sixth octave 1cps = 1 cent (approx).
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: cents_cps.xls
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 38042 bytes