need more info in the journal

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:48:57 -0700

At 04:24 PM 6/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Clair,
>         No flame suit needed! I think it's a great idea!! Just the facts mam!
>
>Greg Newell

Will a mere opinion do?

Seems to me that the bottleneck is the amount of decent material
they can find, not the format. They already are using threads from this
list, and they've sometimes reprinted good articles from older Journals.
They sometimes solicit articles and tips from the general readership.
How much more material fit to read could they find to print, at a
reasonable cost? Those articles (not to mention the lovely illustrations)
are paid for, you know. And whatever comes in has to be edited,
formatted, and proofread. Their budget isn't limitless. And how many
hours do we have to read and truly assimilate the material that is
already in the Journal? Some of it is very advanced, and takes a lot
of thinking over.

I think that the decision to opt for quality of material over quantity
is valid, and gives us a good Journal.

Susan Kline