Journal contents

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:44:56 -0400

Clair,

I have a couple thoughts.  It is a lot easier to say what would be nice
than it is to get personally involved.  Why not become an RPT (or maybe
you did since the last directory was printed, and maybe that isn't even
a requirement) and offer your services?  If you are a good writer on
pertinent subjects and can submit sketches or photos with your work, I
doubt your contributions will be turned down.

Second, I suspect your percentages are plenty optimistic.  If you can
match them from your own chapter I encourage you to do it.

Third, there are highly qualified technicians who would find writing
such a daunting task that they will never do it.  On the other hand,
there are skilled writers who don't have a deep enough experience to
provide worthy content.

I suppose every publication can be improved in some way, but I happen to
like the Journal a whole lot just the way it is, and I commend those who
work at putting it together.  I guess there's nothing wrong with
fantasizing, as you stated, but fantasies aren't of much practical
value.  No offense intended.

I can write.  I have had small stuff selected for the Journal in the
past and have occasionally been published elsewhere, but if I were asked
to write an article for the Journal I would think long and hard before
saying yes.  It would appear like a mountain to me.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT