computer related band width caps

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:48:23 -0700

Don wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I hope all will sign this petition "against" band width caps on the internet.
>
>http://www.PetitionOnline.com/carrick/petition-sign.html

Sounds like a ploy to collect e-mail addresses for spammers to me.  The
root directory is full of petitions ranging from politics to national
dog catcher day.  My next question is who would actually see the results
of an internet poll and why would they care?  As long as there are
competitors in the ISP business, (and there are plenty), no one is going
to limit downloads.  If they did you can bet hoards would immediately
cross the picket line to attract new customers.  Of course if you are
interested I do have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV