Journal contents

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 17:44:42 -0400

Since we're on the topic, how about some ideas for articles we'd like to
see? Perhaps something in the vein of reports on ancillary industries to
our own. Just what goes into making a plate? What is the actual process
used to put "plating" on those now dull parts? How is the felt made to be
different colors without losing the lanolin within? I'm thinking of sort of
a roving reporter type thing. Information that we all might not have an
immediate need for, but some basic knowledge of just might help in ways we
never expected. How about the tips we got from others who have been in
different industries prior to this one. The re- annealing brass tips we got
on this list were pretty helpful. How about the tip for hardening the capo
bar? How hot did it need to get again? Something about the color the metal
turns before you stop, right? The list could go on for quite a while. I try
to remember when reading the journal that we on this list may have read
some of the material before but not everyone who gets the Journal is also
on this list. Just think of what they've missed!!!

my 2 cents,

Greg Newell

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net