rep springs

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:34:43 -0700

    That's absolutely right, Terry. You don't want to feel a "kick-back" =
in the key, but as strong a rise as you can get  before that happens. =
Concert musicians demand quick repetition, and you can't get that =
without fairly strong springs.=20

    That being said, I agree with the other comments about considering =
the time of year/humidity situation.=20

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 2:53 PM
  Subject: Re: rep springs

  I don't know how to play the humidity game, but my understanding is =
that you want them to pop up smartly, but just short of jerking up, =
where you get a prominent feeling in the key.

  Fairly quick pop up, but no significant bump felt in key. Is that a =
good guide?

  Terry Farrell
   =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20