metal weights

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:43:59 -0500

Is anyone aware of the relative weights, to each other, of stainless
steel and titanium?  I have made two tuning hammers by having a 1/2 inch
stainless bar welded on the hexagonal shaft from suppliers, then grinding
a good bit of the stainless down to eliminate weight.  They're still a
bit heavy for my liking, but I like very much the way they feel. If I
could get the same rigidity with a lighter metal it would be
hammer-heaven.................    Would also need to know where one could
get such a bar threaded.

thanks
les bartlett
houston