epoxy alone

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 21:53:06 -0400

John,

If you re-read my email on this, you will notice that I specifically state
no clamps were used.  (And no, I wasn't very experienced then so I didn't
check for stripped screws.)  I just filled the gap with epoxy.  Period.
As I was instructed to do by the company's spokesperson.  Which may be why
there is no further problem.  The glue joint was not under the tension it
would have been if I had pulled it back together with clamps.  I should
add that this was about the second time in my career I had attempted to
repair a pinblock.  I am much more confident of my work nowadays.

Regards, Clyde