A Different Temperament / Tuning Approach

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Sun, 09 Jun 2002 19:17:56 +0200

Hi Bradley

Not sure which is what here... I got an excell graph called Progression of a
3:1 12th Stretch... kinda resembled the graph I sent off yesterday with the
Sanderson data from a 1973 Journal.

In anycase it is kind of interesting. If this is built on a linear division of
the range D3 to F4, it might be fun to see what happens if one takes the RCT
curve for this same area (albeit stretched enough to get the perfect 12th) and
then proceed by setting the rest of the 12ths perfect.

Let me see if I understand this graph correctly tho.. its built on actually
sampled frequencies ? Or how did you arrive at them ?

Strange behaviour by the 4:2,  6:3 and 8:4 that I am sure has a good
explanation. :)

I perhaps may get time to do a fairly complete tuning, sampling and graph this
week. This is actually quite fun !

Cheers!
RicB

 Bradley M. Snook wrote:

>This is the chart that I did to go along with the calculations; ignore
>the other attachment, I attached the wrong file.
>
>Bradley M. Snook

Richard Brekne
RPT NPTF
Griegakadamiet UiB