water based finishing

Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:10:31 -0400

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 06:33:32 -0400 "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
writes:
> I don't think the characteristics of any finish alone will cause
> properly prepared wood to rot. Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Terry Farrell

Hi Terry -

That is precisely my thoughts.  If that were so, surely all the pianos we
see these days with thick polyester coatings would be exhibiting severe
problems.  'Please correct me if I am wrong', also, but I suspect other
reasons at play here.  I have seen mahogany that was bleached to death
show grey streaks even after dyeing and/or staining, and perhaps thee are
other possible explanations for this to occur, but I can't imagine the
poly at fault.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com