10 excuses....

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:00:19 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/2002 5:45:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mkurta@adelphia.net writes:

> Subj:10 excuses....
> Date:6/10/2002 5:45:56 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:mkurta@adelphia.net">mkurta@adelphia.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>      Mike

   I have taught and attended many state and national conventions and still
do. This year as with many the choice is simply between spending the budget
on a family vacation or convention in Chigago.
   Sorry to not be there. I also find that the further away conventions are
the fewer I attend. Part of the situation of those on the west or left coast
is the travel time distance and expense. I figure it cost a minimum of about
1200 dollars to attend a left coast convention.
   Also the summer months are very busy for rebuilders. And those with
employees have difficulty leaving them unattended.
   One last minor comment is that so many convention classes are repeats,
however I have noticed a creative endeavor in the last few years to remedy
this at many conventions and hope it continues.