10 excuses....

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:21:41 EDT

This thread keeps getting more arrogant in tone and rather tiresome to boot.
I know there 'is' a delete key so don't tell me to use it. :-)

 I am thrilled that there are members who attend and participate in the
National Convention and the Regional seminars...that's great!! keep it up...
There is much to be learned and shared and loads of top notch, wonderful,
people to meet...........

 But you must realize that there is a difference between "reasons" and
"excuses". An "excuse" is "To explain in the hope of being forgiven or
understood"; whereas a "reason" is "A declaration made to explain or justify
an action, a decision" and this without asking for forgiveness.

 While "excuses" are used by some, the "reasons" many do not attend
conventions every year are manifold. If I, or anyone else, should decide not
to go to a given convention, or seminar, we should be able to make this
decision. Making this decision without being ridiculed and questioned as to
the care we might have for our chosen profession should be a given.  There is
nothing quite as adamant as a reformed smoker, a person who has just
discovered religion or a reformed ehh ........shall we say 'person of the
night'................ likewise the person who has discovered the value of
PTG sponsored events.

 For those new to the profession and for those old in the profession and all
those in between...should you desire to attend by all means do so. Butttttt
do not allow your self pride, in doing so, devolve into an arrogant attitude
toward those who do not choose to do so. It is unbecoming and self defeating
as well.

were this a tennis match.......the score would be match point..........your
serve. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)