eating alone

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:58:02 EDT

In a message dated 6/11/02 5:22:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

> One thing I've not enjoyed at the conventions is eating meals alone.
> And I half suspect there are dozens like me; I just don't know how to
> find them.  Any else out there feel the same way?  Maybe we can get
> together somehow.  Yes, I have some friends and acquaintances, but they
> mostly seem to have other friendships of long standing.
>
> Not asking for a pity party,
> Clyde Hollinger

When you're ready for lunch, just start asking, even people you don't know,
or maybe want to get to know. Ask the instructor in the class before lunch.
You'll be surprised how often he/she isn't doing anything either. You can
offer to help him/her take his/her stuff out of the room.

Just a few suggestions.

Wim