Practical Action Geometry Question??

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:17:11 -0700

I'll be interested in what the wiser heads have to say
about this, because I struggled with the same thing last
year, but since the piano is due for hammers in a couple
of years, I decided to try to make it work with the rails
as they are.

I ended up having to slice off some of the felt cushion
at the end of the jack window. Nasty, nasty ... had to
add a thin layer of bushing cloth to a few which then
started to click on hard blows. The action works, though,
more or less. But it's not "right". As you can tell,
my understanding of action geometry and how to change it
is still a work in progress -- well, that's the polite
way of putting it.

Oh, have fun, Brian! and do tell us what you decide to try.

Susan