theRe: need more info in the journal

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:59:34 EDT

dnereson@dimensional.com writes:

>>>     No, no . . . it's just the AMOUNT of pages devoted to that stuff, and
>>> sometimes only a bare 27% technical information.  It's the Piano
>>> TECHNICIANS Journal, not the Piano Salesman's Journal or the Piano
>>> Factory Owner's Journal or the Guide to Business Practices for the
>>> Self-Employed.   --David Nereson, RPT, Denver

Dave

This whole thread came about because there were some techs who requested more
articles in the Journal on refinishing. I said that articles like that aren't
for the Journal, because refinishing isn't part of technical work. Not only
that, but only hand full of techs are into refinishing, and the Journal is
not the place fro these articles. I suggested that anyone who is interested
in refinishing, should go to magazines devoted to that.

I guess you're promoting the same thing. Any one who is business, which
includes just about all of the members of the Piano TECHNICIANS Guild, should
subscribe to all sorts of magazines on how to do their taxes, talk to
customers, and answer the phone etc. Now, does that makes sense to you? It
doens't make sense to me.

Wim