Bar Hopping....:-)(v bars, that is)

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 04:26:55 EDT

>I could not for the life of me get the end of the wire over the v bar,
>under  the pressure bar, and over the felt.  There was nowhere near enough
room
>to  push the string up and through.  Does anybody have any words of wisdom
>or  method for this?

Greetings,
    Sometimes it helps to us a much longer wire than will ultimately be
necessary and to pre-bend the end of this extra length so that it "wants" to
come back up after going under the pressure bar.  Then, you cut to length and
wind on a dummy before final installation on the pin.
Another reason I hate to work on uprights.....
Regards,
Ed Foote