Tight Grommets

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:54:10 -0400

On Wednesday, June 12, 2002, at 11:40 PM, Mike and Jane Spalding wrote:

> Hey Joe,
>
> Thanks for the Armorall suggestion - might be worth a try.  I got the 4
> hours from teh G Piano Works Repair Labor Guide for elbow replacement,
> figured grommets would be about the same amount of work.

If you use the "Kimball lost motion regulator" (Schaff # 60), especially
if you chuck it into a drill or power screwdriver, you should be able to
beat that time. Make sure you take the time to pull the action and
tighten all the wippen flange screws before you attach the new grommets.

Patrick Draine