FW: damp chasers

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:31:39 -0600

Hi Patrick,

I install undercovers by attaching the velcro to the piano, and then using
a staple gun to hold them in place. I tap the staples in with a little 2 oz
hammer. Then I fasten the cloth to the piano. When each tab is attached to
the cloth I use a "paper" stapler to attach it to the cloth. So far no
failures have resulted from this slower method of installation.

I am in a climate that is both too dry and too wet for instruments. I'll
have some data shortly from "wet" conditions. Clearly in the dry times the
undercover is a magical upgrade to a good product.

At 12:44 PM 6/14/02 -0400, you wrote:
> On Friday, June 14, 2002, at 11:49 AM, Cy Shuster wrote:
>
>>List,
>>
>>Is there any consensus for installation in grands of the undercover
>>(enclosing the bottom of the cabinet)
>>

>Yes, you've got my vote for the undercover BUT I'm finding the damn things
>keep falling off! I've got to talk to the folks at DC to suggest better
>velcro or *something*!
>
>Patrick Draine

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca