pianotech-digest V2002 #948

ReggaePass@AOL.COM ReggaePass@AOL.COM
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:39:08 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/02 8:23:57 PM, owner-pianotech-digest@ptg.org writes:

<< 3.    The Undercover was designed to create a more confined space for =
the system to operate.  We recommend it for drafty environments where it =
is difficult to stabilize a grand piano.  I will have some interesting =
data to present in Chicago showing what it does in an institutional =
setting.  The data was generated by Vince at BYU.

Roger Wheelock, VP
Dampp-Chaser Corp. >>

Hello Roger,

I am an institutional(ized!) piano technician with dozens of systems in place
at a school where the RH is in the low teens much of the school year.  Your
systems help, but I still have to chase the pitch in the transitional times
of year.  Therefore, I am especially interested in the above mentioned data.
For the benefit of those of us who will not be able to attend this year's
National Convention (but normally do and would if we could!), would you
please be so good as to post a summary of what Vince found at BYU and what
you deduce from it?

Many Thanks!

Alan Eder, R.P.T.
California Institute of the Arts