loose sustain pedal pin

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:34:36 -0400

Friends,

A year ago I serviced a 1959 Lester Betsy Ross console (yes, a console)
with a loose sustain pedal pin.  Since the fluting was all worn away I
just put in a new pin, but obviously it wasn't tight enough.  When I
arrived this year to tune the piano the pin had worked its way out
again, so I guess the hole in the pedal is enlarged also.

I know someone published a neat trick for this situation, but now that I
need it I don't remember it.  What is your solution?

Regards,
Clyde