Shank excess

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:47:42 EDT

In a message dated 18/06/02 8:26:12 PM, rinkyd@pacbell.net writes:

<< I would love to hear some of the methods for trimming excess grand shanks.

Phil;
 I use the small bandsaw with a fine tooth, free cut, blade. I don't taper my
hammers until they are on the shanks so I accomplish both operations at the
same time. After I re-install the hammers I will go back over and check for
movement in relation to traveling. The band saw does a quick, very neat job
and is well worth any extra effort entailed... plus this method is much
kinder to flanges/centerpins than any other method I have tried.
Jim Bryant (FL)