Story&Clark

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:40:08 EDT

I'm curious about a Story&Clark baby grand.  Serial # INDG0442, model
SCG-502.  This serial # bears no relation to the numbers found in Pierce.
Other techs have told me they believe it is probably Asian-made.  Pierce says
that Yamaha made S&Cs till the mid to late 70s, but I believe this one is
newer than that, and certainly is not of the quality of a Yamaha.   Pierce
says QRS purchased S&C in 1993.  Since it has a QRS system, and I don't think
it's much older than 10 years old, I think it was a QRS produced piano.

Does anyone know who made pianos S&C pianos for QRS?

Tom Sivak

P.S.
That serial number was found on the plate by the tuning pins.  I guess it's
possible there's another number somewhere on the piano that would jive with
the numbers in Pierce.