Black Finish

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:38:28 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/2002 7:40:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bases-loaded@juno.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Black Finish
> Date:6/19/2002 7:40:12 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:bases-loaded@juno.com">bases-loaded@juno.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

>         Thanks  Mark

  Just to be clear I didn't say my finishing results were bad or substandard
just that to my mind the learning curve has been long for me at least and
others in my employ. This is the nature of finish work. Really I only had one
shmuck and he's gone. The guy I have now is doing the job but when you train
somebody green you must keep your head into the details, color prep and
rubout quality. You know
  I think it has much to do ,as you say ,that the're not the ones with there
neck stuck out there. I guess what I'm saying  is at what point is a mistake
no longer a mistake but simply failing to learn,obsorb and apply training.
  Everything I know I learned from some one else and a Lot from Marcia and
Bob Davis.